As we all know about the popularity of WordPress and for those who are looking for most easy way to create website, WordPress will be the first choice. So the first thing required is the knowledge of WordPress Installation. So in this article I will show you how to install WordPress at localhost.
Lets Start :
As a beginner it is good to create WordPress website at localhost. And after completing website we can shift it to live server.
There are lot fo localhost service provider available like XAMPP, MAMP, WAMP, LAMP etc. I am continuing with “XAMPP” because it work for both Windows and Mac OS.
- Download XAMPP from this link https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html. For windows download “XAMPP Windows” and for Mac download “XAMPP for OS X”. And install it.
- Open XAMPP and start “Apache” & “MySQL”.
- Now click “Admin” in the “MySQL” row. It will open “phpMyAdmin” page. You can also open this page using this URL http://localhost/phpmyadmin/.
- In the “phpMyAdmin” page, you can create new database and edit or delete existing one. So let’s create new database, I suggest you to name it like “yoursitename_db”. It will make database unique and you can easily identify it.
- Now download WordPress from https://wordpress.org/latest.zip .
- Extract downloaded zip file. You will see the folder name WordPress. You can keep it like it is or rename it and give the appropriate name like “yourprojectname“.
- Now copy that folder. Go to the XAMPP directory in your computer’s system drive and paste the copied folder in the “htdocs” directory (found inside XAMPP directory).
- Now open the web browser and type localhost/yourprojectname . Then you will see this screen.
- Choose the desired language and click on the “Continue button”.
- Now press “Let’s go!” button.
- Now fill all required informations and click submit.
- Database Name = It is the Name of the database you created in PHPMyAdmin (like : “yoursitename_db”).
- Username = “root”
- Password = leave it blank
- Database Host = localhost
- Table Prefix = wp_
- Now WordPress is ready to install, Just click “Run the installation” button.
- Now set Username and password, I suggest you to copy these credentials because these credentials are required to access your WordPress dashboard. In the same way add site title and your email id. You can check search engine visibility option to Discourage search engines from indexing this site. As this site is at localhost so no need to index.
- After adding details press “Install WordPress”.
Now Login WordPress dashboard and thats all. Your WordPress dashboard is ready to use. There are lot of free and premium themes available at ThemeHunk. You just need to select theme according to your requirement.
Read More –