Often we added images which are high in resolution and forgot to compress the size of images. This results in slow down the loading speed of our site. Speed of site directly affects the SEO. In my this post I am going to tell you top image Compression Plugin which will help you to optimize your images without making extra efforts.
The faster your site will load, the more it will be liked by major search engines. this will automatically list your site in the first page of search engines.
So let’s get started one by one.
Famous Compression Plugin are as follows
Among all the image compression plugin this is the most popular plugin with 1+ million active installs. It can resize, optimize and can compress your images. It can smoothly optimize your images and remove all the bulky information without compromising with the image quality. As the pixels will remain the same.
It can also optimize images of plugins like “NextGEN Plugin” and other WordPress Plugin. Along with the images uploaded by the users.
Here are some salient features of plugin –
- It can process JPG, GIF and PNG files.
- It can optimize your images with advanced lossless compression.
- Optimize all images in any directory.
- It can optimize 50 attachments at a time.
- Global and separate settings for multisite.
This is another popular image Compression Plugin with 1 lakh+ active installs. It is lightweight and easy to use. It can compress jpg, png, gif and pdf files. This plugin has a option to automatically compress images with no file size limit. Shortpixel can work with VPS, Shared hosting and Dedicated Servers. It also offers option to run on multiple websites or on multisite with a single API key.
Check this list of some important points –
- Ability to optimize images with third party plugin such as “Next-Gen gallery
- It can compress jpg, png, gif and even pdf file.
- No limit for file size.
- Work for both http and https
- Works well with eCommerce sites which uses woocommerce.
- It skips images which are already optimized.
- ‘Bulk’ optimize all the existing images in Media Library or in any gallery with one click.
Imagify is another most advanced image optimizer plugin available in WordPress. As soon as you enable this plugin it starts optimizing all your images including retina images and thumbnails. Even nothing to worry about your product images and gallery images, this plugin is compatible with NextGen and woocommerce. If you have already uploaded unoptimized images and then you installed the plugin, it will also optimize your images.
Three level of compression are available –
- Normal, a lossless compression algorithm. Quality of image will not change.
- Aggressive, a lossy compression algorithm. Stronger compression with a tiny loss of quality most of the time this is not even noticeable at all.
- Ultra, our strongest compression method using a lossy algorithm.
This is created by the developer of famous image compressing site “tinypng.com”. Like other plugin it also optimizes images automatically as soon as you upload image. It analyse quality of your image and according to it plugin decides best algorithm to be applied on image. According to developer jpg images are compressed by 40-60% and png images by 50-80%.
Top features of plugin –
- Automatically optimize image on uploading.
- Advanced optimization technique to increase speed of site.
- Easy bulk optimization option is available.
- Display JPEG images more quickly with progressive JPEG encoding.
- It also support compression of animated PNG
- Supports multisite with single API key.
- Support many third party plugin like “Woocommerce” or “WP Retina 2x”
- It can compress image with any file size.
This is another most downloaded image optimizer plugin available on WordPress. It has more than 50k+ active installs and offers the image compression of more than 70%. It also maintains the quality of images while optimizing it.
Features of “Optimus” –
- Reduces file size while uploading
- No adjustments to code necessary
- Supports woo-commerce
- Supports Multi site
- Bulk Optimization option available
- Optimizes preuploaded images
FYI – For some security reasons temporary files were removed after completing entire process which is uploaded in servers.
Final Words – Here i am concluding all my points. This blog will surely help you in choosing best optimizing plugin for your site images. They are absolutely free and easy to use. You can also speed up your website, for this you can follow this blog Guide to speed up your WordPress website.