Our themes display all static pages in the theme navigation by default. Custom Menus are a list of common links that are usually displayed as the main navigation for your site. If you want an individual navigation you can follow the points which are given below:-
To create a custom navigation menu:
- Go to Appearance > Menu
- Click on “create a new menu” to create a new menu (eg. Main Menu).
- Add the menu items from the left panels.
- To create dropdown menu: Drag the menu item toward the right (the item(s) will be indented) and drop it.
- When you are done adding the menu items, click “Save Menu”.
To assign menu locations:
- Scroll down to the bottom where it says “Theme locations” and tick the menu location checkbox.
- Main Navigation = main menu in the header.
- Footer Navigation = footer menu in the footer (note: some themes might not have Footer Navigation).
Additional menu items
In addition to pages you have already published, you can add several different types of menu items to your custom menu:
- Page – Adds a link to another page on your site.
- Link – Adds a custom URL linking to another site.
- Category – Shows a feed of blog posts from a given category.
- Tag – Shows a feed of blog posts from a given tag.
- Post – Links directly to a blog post on your site.
You can manage the location of the items.
You can add many custom menus by creating a new menu but it will show one at a time.
For more information you can contact our support team at support forum.