Using WordPress Dashboard
In this post i am going to explain you how you can easily update themes to latest version.
Before updating it, if any changes were done in core files of theme then I would suggest you to first make backup of those changes or create a child theme and put those file in that.
Now there are three main procedure to update our themes
This is very easy step to update theme because you are pretty much familiar with your WordPress Dashboard. So lets cover all the steps in points
- Just download a fresh copy of theme from your Members Area and save it to your local computer, It will be a zip file of theme.
- Now login to your dashboard and activate any other theme For example : TwentyTwenty (Theme Can’t be deleted if it is activated).
- After activating other theme you can delete old theme from “Appearance > Themes”.
- Now you can upload your new theme which you have downloaded from members area. Just navigate to “Appearance > Themes > Add New” and upload it where you have saved it in local computer.
- After uploading you can activate it.
- All is done, Now you are using latest version of theme.
In this method you can easily upgrade your theme to latest version using “Easy theme and Plugin upgrades” plugin. This is a free to use plugin. Main benefit of this plugin is you won’t get this message “Destination Folder Already Exists” while upgrading theme”.
Just install this plugin as we install other plugin and then activate it.
- Now download latest version of theme from your Members Area and save it in local computer
- Now navigate to “Appearance > theme > Add New > Upload Theme”.
- And select the zip file which you have saved in local computer.
- Select “Yes” from the “Upgrade existing theme?” option.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
By this you can use the upgrade version of our Theme.
This is the second method in which you can update theme using “FTP”. FTP details are provided by hosting service provider, You can contact them for this. They will provide you Host, Username and Password. As soon as you get your details, You can login it using any FTP software.
Method of downloading theme is same as explained in first method.
- Download fresh copy of theme from Members Area and save it in your local computer. You will get zip file of theme.
- Now extract that zip file and save it in your local computer.
- To update your theme please login to your FTP account and go to “wp-content/themes”.
- Now remove previous theme directory and upload new extracted theme directory.
- After that login to your dashboard and activate latest themeYou are ready to use latest theme.
If you need any assistance regarding this, please contact to our support forum.