Are you looking for the best Chrome extension for designers and developers? We share the best extension for designers in this article.
Google Chrome is the most widely used browser in the world as it is designed to be one of the fastest, simplest, and most secure web browsers with easy-to-sign-in. So the majority of people, including web designers and developers use Chrome browser.
Chrome extension is very useful for developers as it enhances the browser’s functionality. With the use of the Chrome extension, you can easily protect your privacy, detect any code you want, pick any color code from the web page, identify the font family, record the screen, find the dimensions of any web page elements, and quickly grab all design information from any website.
In this article, we share some of the best Chrome extensions for designers to increase their productivity.
Best Chrome Extension for Designers
WhatFonts is the best Chrome extension for designers to identify fonts quickly and efficiently on web pages. You just hover the cursor on the word it automatically detects the font detail.
- Quickly identify the fonts
- Identify font color
- It also detects font family, size, weight, style, and more
- Supports Typekit and Google Font API
- Detect services used for serving the web fonts
Heuiro is another excellent Chrome extension for designers to do UX analysis, heuristic evaluation, user testing, track changes, easy communication with designers, and more. All you need to do is open any website, click on the extension, add your comments, and share the link or pdf with your team.
- Turn any website into a canvas of ideas
- Add notes, issues, and suggestions
- Improve communication with the team
- Easy to conduct heuristic evaluations and share the link with the team
- Track content ideas directly from the live website
- Follow the standard guidelines or create your own principles
Workona Tab Manager
Workona Tab Manager is one of the best tab manager Chrome extensions for designers and developers. It is an amazing extension that enhances your productivity. It organizes your tabs, links, and docs and puts them together in one place. You can also create a dedicated space for each project.
- Automatically saves all your tabs
- Fast and use less memory
- Powerful search features help to find your tabs and docs faster
- Save, restore, and sync tab between devices
- It prevents your Workona data from unauthorized access
- Create a workspace and organize docs, sheets, and slides in one place and accessible to every team member
Dimensions is a nice Chrome extension for designers to measure the distance between elements on a web page. All you have to do is click on the extension and place your mouse between the points where you want to measure. It gives you the dimensions between the nearest horizontal and vertical elements.
- Find the dimensions of images, input fields, buttons, videos, gifs, icons, and everything on the website
- You can also measure the dimensions of PNG and JPEGs
- You can set a keyboard shortcut(Alt+D) to quickly enable and disable dimensions
- To measure the dimensions of the connected area, just press the Alt button
ColorZilla is one of the most popular and useful color picker chrome extensions for designers and developers, which finds colors at any point on the browser. Also, you can quickly adjust the selected color and use it in any program.
- Advanced Eyedropper or color picker that quickly gets the color code of any element
- CSS gradient generator
- Get the list of recently grabbed color
- Built-in contrast checker
- Quickly get a color palette from any site
- Palette viewer with 7 pre-installed palettes
- Keyboard shortcuts
- One-click to start color-picking
- Grab colors from the flash object and at any zoom level
PerfectPixel is an amazing tool that compares the mockup of the designer and the website created by the developer.
- Easily change overlay opacity
- Create multiple overlays as per your need.
- No restriction on image size
- Separate layer for each domain
- Layer are saved between browsing session
- Allow adjusting page elements in real-time to match the active overlay
- Useful for optimizing images for different retina screen
- Keyboard arrow keys, shortcut, and mouse wheel support
Unstack Style Guide
Unstack Style Guide is a Chrome extension for designers that quickly picks all the design information from any website. It also picks a brand palette, text colors, and font sizes. It captures all design details without sending any extra emails.
- Grab all style guide information with one click
- No coding required
- Easily grab the color code and every detail of the font
- Capture a complete brand palette for any web page
- Works well on any device
- Fast and efficient
Nimbus is the best screen recorder Chrome extension for designers and developers. With this extension, you will be able to quickly capture and annotate screenshots of the visible part of the screen, any specific part, scrollable fragment, an entire page, record video, and more. You can easily crop the screenshot and video recording, add content to it and share it with a link through various platforms. If you want to add watermarks, post videos on Youtube, convert WebM to MP4, and crop video using a video recorder you need to subscribe to the premium version.
- Crop and trim your screenshot or recording
- Annotate and edit screenshots
- Easily change background color, change color, text, etc with the use of the editor
- Convert video to GIF and MP4
- Save screenshots to JPG and PNG
- Add graphic and text box on screenshots
- Save screenshots in your disc or upload them to Nimbus note
- You can record video directly from the webcam
- You can add arrows, and stickers and also highlight text
- Compatible with all devices and screen sizes
- Certified for education
Designer Tools is the best Chrome extension for designers and developers that helps to build websites and applications with pixel-perfect accuracy. It can easily build visually appealing and accurate designs with features including rulers, guidelines, element alignment, and space measurement.
- Measure and align elements with perfection
- Use guides and grids
- Change settings as you need
- Overlaying the design on the website and seeing the minute imperfections
- Accurate space measurement
- Compatible with all devices and screen size
Window Resizer is a useful Chrome extension for designers and developers that helps to check your website’s responsiveness. It helps to re-size your web pages according to screen size and resolutions.
- Quickly re-size the window in any width and height manually
- Easily set the window’s position and preset icon
- Flexible and efficient
- Fully customizable device list to add, edit, delete and re-order
- Clean, easy-to-use, and responsive UI
- Automatically sync your settings on all devices
Requestly is an amazing Chrome extension for designers and developers that speed up your web development, testing, and debugging. It helps to intercept and modify any part of your HTTP request and response.
- Intercept and modify API requests
- Modify Headers and redirect URL
- Cancel request to block network request
- Provide mock server
- Delay network request
- Share session recordings with teammates
Q: Why use the Chrome extension?
Ans: Chrome extensions enhance the features and functionality of the browser. It saves lots of time and increases productivity.
Q: Where do I find extensions on Chrome?
Ans: You can easily find extensions on the Chrome web store.
Q: Which is the most popular web browser?
Ans: As of June 2022, Google Chrome is the most popular web browser with 65.87% of the market share worldwide.
So, here we suggested the list of the best Chrome extension for designers and developers. Each Chrome extension has different functionality and some unique features that surely reduce the time and effort of any developers and increase their work productivity.
If you find this article helpful, do share it with your friends. And If you have any questions regarding this, do not hesitate to comment below. We will help you to solve your problem. Thanks for reading this blog.