Users love WordPress theme because they are painless to setup and best for creating any type of website. Any person whether an amateur developer or a expert can design a great site using WordPress themes. Themes can be managed, changed and added easily from the WordPress admin area. In this article i will guide you how to install WordPress theme and design a wonderful site. 🙂
Install WordPress Theme
There are some simple guideline for installing any WordPress theme. Simply follow the below guideline and Install WordPress Theme on your site. If you don’t know how to find your WordPress login, follow this Article.
How to Install WordPress Theme Using WordPress Admin Theme Search –
This is the easiest method for installing any free theme from WordPress. Just you have to search your desired free WordPress theme and install it in your dashboard. Using search field will make you to work faster.
- For adding theme First Login to WP admin area then Go to WP Dashboard > Appearance > Themes. Click on Themes > Add New button which is on the top.
- Next thing you have to do is select the tab: Featured, Popular, Latest WordPress themes or you can search for a specific theme or you can also search the themes with specific features with the help of feature filter.
- Once the search is done, you’ll see a single theme or a list of themes will appear. As in my case i have searched Oneline theme you can see in the below image.
- Hover your mouse on the theme image you’ll see a install button, click on it.
- This will install your theme, now you can move further and activate your theme successfully on the dashboard.
How to install WordPress Theme from zip –
You can install theme using Uploading method. For this first download your desired theme from wordpress.org.
- Login to your WordPress admin area and click on Appearance > Themes.
- Click on “Add New” button on the top and again click on “Upload Theme” button.
- Now upload the theme zip file which you have downloaded earlier from the WordPress.org panel. Click on Install and Activate it.
- Same process is applicable for premium WordPress theme or custom theme which you have downloaded from the member’s area.
How to Install WordPress Theme Using FTP –
- Once you done with FTP. Go to the path (/wp-content/themes/). Now just simply upload your theme’s folder there which you have downloaded from WordPress or from member’s area.
- Do not forget to unzip the theme folders before uploading a theme using FTP. After this process, go to your admin area and click on Appearance > Themes.
- You will see the theme that you uploaded there. Hover your mouse on the top of that theme and click on the activate button. In this way you can install your theme using FTP.
How to install WordPress at Localhost ?
There are lot of localhost service provider available like XAMPP, MAMP, WAMP, LAMP etc. To know how you can install WordPress theme at Localhost. Follow this blog post.
How to Speed up your WordPress website ?
If your website is slow and you’re facing this problem again and again. Don’t worry just follow this Article and learn how to boost up your WordPress website.
Final Words – This is all about theme installing. If you have any query related to this blog you can contact us on our support forum. We’ll be happy to help you. 🙂