Users love WordPress themes because they are painless to set up and are Best for creating any type of website.
If you don’t have a WordPress site setup yet, then head over to NameHero and purchase a WordPress Hosting package before following our guide.
Any person whether an amateur developer or an expert can design a great site using WordPress themes.
Themes can be managed, changed, and added easily from the WordPress admin area. In this article, I will guide you on how to install a WordPress theme and design a wonderful site. 🙂
Install WordPress Theme 5 Easy Methods
There are some simple guidelines for installing any WordPress theme. Simply follow the below guideline and Install the WordPress Theme on your site. If you don’t know how to find your WordPress login, follow this Article.
How to Install WordPress Theme Using WordPress Admin Panel Theme Search –
This is the easiest method for installing any free theme from WordPress. Just you have to search for your desired free WordPress theme and install it in your dashboard. Using the search field will make your work faster.
1. Log in to your WordPress account.
To begin, log in to your WordPress account. www.example.com/wp-admin (default login URL)
2. Navigate to WP Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.
For adding a theme First log in to the WP admin area then Go to WP Dashboard > Appearance > Themes. Click on Themes > Add New button which is on the top.
3. Choose a theme.
The next thing you have to do is select the tab: Featured, Popular, and Latest WordPress themes or you can search for a specific theme or you can also search the themes with specific features with the help of a feature filter.
4. Click Download to begin the installation process.
- Once the search is done, you’ll see a single theme or a list of themes will appear. As in my case, I have searched oneline themes you can see in the below image.
- Hover your mouse on the theme image you’ll see an install button, click on it.
5. Click Activate once complete.
- This will install your theme, now you can move further and activate your theme successfully on the dashboard.
How to install WordPress Theme from a ZIP File –
You can install the theme using the Uploading method. For this first download your desired theme from wordpress.org.
On the Themes page, select Add New at the top of the page.
- Login to your WordPress admin area and click on Appearance > Themes.
- Click on the “Add New” button on the top and again click on the “Upload Theme” button.
- Now upload the theme zip file which you downloaded earlier from the WordPress.org panel. Click on Install and Activate it.
- The same process is applicable for premium WordPress themes or custom themes which you have downloaded from the member’s area.
Install a WordPress theme from a .zip file
How to Install WordPress Theme Using FTP –
- Once you are done with FTP. Go to the path (/wp-content/themes/). Now just simply upload your theme’s folder there which you have downloaded from WordPress or from the member’s area.
- Do not forget to unzip the theme folders before uploading a theme using FTP. After this process, go to your admin area and click on Appearance > Themes.
- You will see the theme that you uploaded there. Hover your mouse on the top of that theme and click on the activate button. In this way, you can install your theme using FTP.
Video Tutorial –
How to install WordPress at Localhost ?
There are lot of localhost service provider available like XAMPP, MAMP, WAMP, LAMP etc. To know how you can install WordPress theme at Localhost. Follow this blog post.
How to Speed up your WordPress website?
If your website is slow and you’re facing this problem again and again. Don’t worry just follow this article and learn how to boost up your WordPress website. “We also recommend reading the guide to optimize Core Web Vitals for WordPress — getting good scores will improve your website speed and SEO performance.”
Final Words – This is all about theme installation. If you have any queries related to this blog you can contact us on our support forum. We’ll be happy to help you. 🙂