Do you want to create an online Online Grocery Website? We can help you to create a beautiful Grocery website store with WordPress.
Now as everything is going online there is one need that every human being needs in their life. and it is Grocery.
If you’re in the Grocery business, you will now need to create an Online Grocery Website for your store’s online presence.
Planning to start an online grocery website is a great idea as per the market trend and unexpected increase in demand for online grocery ordering & delivery services.
As a business owner who wants to establish an online presence for your brand, you need to develop a site properly. Only then can you beat out your millions of competitors who are already online.
There are various popular websites in the grocery category. many offline businesses are going online nowadays and creating their Online Grocery websites.
According to the research, In the period 2020 – 2025, the global online grocery website stores would increase at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 23.7%
In this blog, I am going to tell you about creating a beautiful Grocery Website with a few simple steps. After this, you can easily create a grocery website.
Create an Online Grocery Website in 6 Simple Steps
Here are the quick steps we’re going to take to create a beautiful and responsive Grocery Website with WordPress.
- Choose Domain
- Host Website
- Setup and Install WordPress
- Select WordPress Theme
- Install Useful Plugins
- SEO & Marketing
Let’s know in detail about creating a grocery WordPress website with these simple steps.
Step 1: Choose the Domain
The first step of creating a grocery website or any type of website is to first select and buy a domain name for your website.
A domain name is an easy-to-remember address used to access websites. Domains can be registered with domain name registrars, which also lets users renew domains every year.
A domain or domain name is the location or identity of a website. For example, the domain name of our website is “Themehunk.com“
There are various cheap domain name providers from where you can buy a good domain name for your website.
Below are some of the best and cheapest domain name providers you can consider.
Step 2: Host Website
After buying a domain you need to buy web hosting for a website, where you can host your website.
A good Website Hosting provider is very important for your website. A good company will deliver you better speed and support. The fastest web hosting for WordPress will help you to boost your website performance.
A good company will deliver you better speed and support. The fastest web hosting service providers for WordPress will help you to boost your website performance.
Below are some of the best and fastest web hosting service providers you can consider.
So when choosing a Hosting provider for your website, don’t just go with cheaper hosting plans, but also with good service providers.
You can select any of the above or as per your choices, you can buy from anywhere else. We suggest you buy Domain and Hosting from the same service provider so that you don’t need to worry about doing technical things.
If you buy a domain and hosting from the same service provider you will also get 1 click WordPress to install for your website.
Let’s go further and install WordPress.
Step 3: Setup and Install WordPress
We’re going to buy and domain and hosting from Godaddy, for creating a website. You can go with any other domain and hosting provider as per your budget and requirements.
Follow the below steps to buy and host the website with GoDaddy.
- Go to Godaddy.com and click on Hosting, from the drop-down menu you will see an option for Web Hosting, click on that option. as you can see in the screenshot below.
- Now select a Hosting plan, we suggest you buy the Economy plan, which includes a free domain for 12 months. Click on the Add to Cart button as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now Click on the Continue button, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now it’s time to collect your free domain. In the Domain search bar search for the name, a domain name for your website, as we have searched for blogforthejoy.com, and it’s available.
- If the domain you have searched, is available then you can see a Select and Continue option, as shown in the given screenshot. Click on the Select and Continue button
- Now, it’s time for checkout. After choosing the hosting and domain for your website, you have to checkout with available payment methods.
- After the payment, you will get your domain and hosting, and now you are ready to create your first WordPress blog or website.
Install and Setup WordPress
After buying the Domain and Hosting for your website, now it’s time to install WordPress. For installing WordPress on your website follow the given steps.
- To Install WordPress, First Sign in to your Godaddy Account and Click on the My Products option, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now under the All Products and Services section, you will see an option for Web Hosting, here you will see another option for Set Up as shown in the screenshot below. Click on the Set Up button.
- Now to Set Up your hosting product you will need to enter a domain to use with it, on the search bar enter the domain name, that you have purchased along with hosting. and click on the Update button.
- Now you have to choose a data centre for your Hosting, as per your location or region you have to select a data centre, also GoDaddy will recommend you choose the closest data centre.
- By default, Godaddy will recommend you use WordPress as your application to build your website. Click on the Yes, let’s do it an option.
- Now you have to Set up your WordPress admin account. Choose a Username and Password for your WordPress website. Enter a Username, Password, Confirm the Password, then click on the Next button.
- After that, your WordPress account is set up, and after that, you will see a message, that “onboarding completed successfully” as you can see in the screenshot below. Now click on the Go to Dashboard button.
- You will be redirected to a new page. here you will see a Websites option in which you have to click on the Install Application button.
- When you click on Install Application you will be redirected to your website. just like you can see in the screenshot below.
- Now you have to open the Admin Dashboard of your website. To access the WordPress dashboard you simply need to add /wp-admin to the end of the URL where you installed WordPress. For example:-
example.com/wp-admin Replace example.com with Your Domain name as you can see in the screenshot below.
- Now you will see a Login page. Type the username and password you used when you installed your WordPress.
- Enter the Username or Email Address and Password then click on the login Button.
- Now you will be asked to choose a starter template for your new website. If you want to add any template then you can add it, or click on the Exit to WordPress Dashboard that you will find on the top left side. as shown in the screenshot below.
- After Exiting, you will be redirected to the WordPress Dashboard Admin panel. from here you can customize your Website, and make changes to your website.
Once WordPress is set up, you’re ready to customize your WordPress blog’s appearance to make it your own and start blogging, like you need to Install a good WordPress Theme and some useful Plugins. let’s know how to do it.
Step 4: Select WordPress Theme
It’s time to customize your website, Let’s install a beautiful Theme for your website. follow the given instructions to install a Theme for your website.
- To Install the Theme, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes, as you can see in the screenshot below.
- Next, Click on the Add New button, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now from here, you can install any theme, that you like. you can also search for a theme from the search bar.
We will suggest you install TH Shop Mania Theme to create your online grocery website shop. To install the TH Shop Mania theme you can download the free theme from here.
You can download the TH Shop Mania Zip file. You can watch the below video to know about the installation and setup of the TH Shop Mania Theme.
So now we hope you learned about installing and setting up the TH Shop Mania theme for your website.
For creating a Grocery Store or Shop website we will suggest you use these fast and responsive WooCommerce Themes.
There are various more WooCommerce themes on the internet that you can use for creating online grocery store websites.
Step 5: Install Useful Plugins
After the selection of a Theme, we recommend you install some useful plugins to supercharge your website.
- Website Builder– For creating beautiful landing pages so that users can get attention and take action. Website builders can help you to design a beautiful website. (eg. Elementor & Block Editor)
- Analytics– Analytics is a tool that offers an easy and free way to track and analyze visitors to your website. (eg. Sitekit)
- SEO Plugin– Doing SEO may be hard for some website owners. But it can be easy for them with some plugins and tools. (eg. RankMath and Yoast)
- Cache Plugin– If you want to optimize your WordPress website you can use cache plugins to speed up your website.
- Cart Plugin– You can use WordPress shopping cart plugins to add some extra functionality to your WooCommerce Store.
There are various more useful WooCommerce plugins you can install to extend the functionality of your website.
Step 6: SEO & Marketing
After the full setup of the website, you will now need to focus on SEO & Marketing of the website. Not only in SEO marketing but also you have to focus on the quality of your products.
SEO plays an important role in any new or old website. If you want to get organic traffic from various search engines like Google and Bing. You need to do some SEO work on your website.
In WordPress, you can install SEO plugins to do SEO. There are various SEO plugins you can use. We recommend you use Rank Math or Yoast plugin for doing SEO on your website.
Local SEO– Your website is not only for online customers but also for offline customers. You need to do some local SEO so that everyone around your store or your city can know about your website.
There are various Cheap Email Marketing Service providers from which you can start creating an Email list of your potential customers.
How you can build an effective Email list? So there are various ways of collecting Emails like Free subscriptions, blogging, coupons, etc.
You can use plugins like Lead Form Builder to create an effective email list. This Plugin comes with features like Form export & import, Unlimited lead export, Mailchimp addon, SMTP mail configuration, and drag-and-drop field ordering.
On the other hand, nowadays Social Media plays an important role in Affiliate Marketing. Now with the help of Social Media, you can earn more.
When we talk about social media there are many social media platforms there. But the most famous platforms are YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Creating a Grocery website can be a profitable business making a good amount of money online. Online Grocery Websites can be beneficial for you.
We hope this article helps you to get the all needed information regarding creating a Grocery website.
If you don’t want to create an Online Grocery Website by yourself. We can help you to create a beautiful grocery website.
If you have any questions regarding anything, do not hesitate, just comment down below, and we will help you to solve your problem. Thanks for reading this blog.