In this blog I’m focusing on security of WordPress site, there are lots of attempts of hacking which happens daily on WordPress sites. Follow the below steps to make site fully secure and attack proof.
About the Brute Force Attacks
It is a method of cracking username and password of site to steal the information and misusing the site. It is automatic software which generates large numbers of back to back guesses to hack the site.
WordPress codex also provide a guideline to make site secure.
Key points to make site secure are:
1) Do not use /wp-admin or /wp-login.php for Login.
You can use one of the following plugin to move your URL:
2) Do not use Admin as username; admin is a common username, so try unique username that cannot be easily guess by attackers.
3) Do not use common password like 12345678, password, 1234!@#$.I suggest you to always use strong password, you can also use system generated password. If user are registering on your site then you can use force strong password plugin .It will forced the user at the time of registration to enter strong password.
4) Limit the Logging Attempts, WordPress provide unlimited attempt for login it make easy to guess login details, so you can use Limit login attempts plugin to limit the attempts at your site.
5) Two step authentication: It makes your site highly secure, just install and step https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-authenticator/ and take your pillow and feel relax, Very useful plugin to make a site secure.
6) Use of overall security plugin, you can also use Plugins that provide full security to your site like spam filter, login attempts, malware scan and much more, here is the list of following plugin that you can use to make site secure.
There is a long list of security plugin, i have mentioned here some of the best one.
As online market is increasing along with these antisocial elements is also increasing. Just follow the above guideline and feel save from the Brute Force Attacks
Be safe stay long!