There is an amazing feature in WordPress that you create your site as a multisite. It doesn’t take hard steps, you have to follow just some simple steps and you can make your own multi-site.
Before creating multi-site WordPress let us learn why it is necessary to create. Actually it is a collection of sites by which you can create a single WordPress install. So if you want your user to create there site then they can use theme and plugin to make their own site.
So in this blog I am going to explain you how you can create your Pre-installed WordPress as a multi-site WordPress.
Step 1: Make your WordPress ready.
- As you have already installed your WordPress so you need to copy all the content, before making it multisite. If you are installing a fresh copy then you don’t have to use this step.
Step 2: Inform WordPress.
- In this step we are going to inform WordPress that it is going to be created as a multisite.
For that just open your “wp-config.php” file and write the following code above line /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
/* Multisite */
define( ‘WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE’, true );
You will get this file in your WordPress directory.
Step 3: Installation in WordPress
- After adding code open your dashboard and go to “Tools -> Network Setup” and click on “Install” button.
- As soon as you click on “Install” button WordPress will give you some code to add in “wp-config.php” file and “.htaccess” file above /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
- After completing these steps your multisite network is ready. Simply login to your dashboard again and start using your multisite network.