Do you want to create a WordPress blog or website? Are you looking for an easy way and guide for creating a beautiful WordPress blog? Here is your right spot, we will guide you to create your blog or website in an easy way.
Nowadays building a website is so easy that you can create a whole functional website in just 10 minutes.
There are various possibilities of creating a WordPress blog for you. in this blog you will get to know about everything about creating a WordPress website or blog.
Creating a WordPress website is easier than you might think. You don’t have to spend lots of money, hire a developer, or learn to write code.
In this blog I am going to teach you about how to create a WordPress blog, so let’s get into the content. and build your WordPress blog or Website.
Table of contents
How to create a WordPress blog or Website
let’s first we look at the two basic requirements of creating a WordPress blog. These are the “must have” items that you need before you can start blogging with WordPress.
Domain & Hosting are the two things which we need for launching our WordPress Blog or website.
Domain- Domain is the name of your website.
Hosting- Hosting is the place where your website’s files or data will be stored.
You need a Domain and hosting to create a blog or website. Domain is the name of your website also called a URL.
Hosting is where your blog is going to live online it’s a place where all your content, like images, videos, files, and everything that’s on your blog is stored there.
So for creating a blog or website you need to buy a Domain and Hosting. Lets first buy Domain and Hosting.
For buying Domain and Hosting we are going to Godaddy.com
1- Buy Domain and Hosting For WordPress Blog
For creating a WordPress blog, you need to buy Domain and hosting, If you buy hosting from Godaddy.com then you will get a Free Domain for 1 year. Let’s know how to get it.
- Go to Godaddy.com and click on Hosting, from the drop-down menu you will see an option of Web Hosting, click on that option. as you can see on the screenshot below.
- Now select a Hosting plan, we suggest you buy the Economy plan, which includes a free domain for 12 months. Click on the Add to Cart button as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now Click on the Continue button, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now it’s time to collect your free domain. In the Domain search bar search for the name, a domain name for your website, as we have searched for blogforthejoy.com, and it’s available.
- If the domain you have searched, is available then you can see a Select and Continue option, like shown in the given screenshot. Click on the Select and Continue button
- Now, it’s time for checkout. After choosing the hosting and domain for your website, you have to checkout with available payment methods.
- After the payment, you will get your domain and hosting, and now you are ready to create your first WordPress blog or website.
2- Install WordPress
After buying the Domain and Hosting for your website, now it’s time to install WordPress. for installing WordPress in your website follow the given steps.
- To Install WordPress, First Sign in to your Godaddy Account and Click on the My Products option, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now under the All Products and Services section, you will see an option of Web Hosting, here you will see another option of Set Up as shown in the screenshot below. Click on the Set Up button.
- Now to Set Up your hosting product you will need to enter a domain to use with it, on the search bar enter your domain name, that you have purchased along with hosting. and click on the Update button.
- Now you have to choose a data center for your Hosting, as per your location or region you have to select a data center, also GoDaddy will recommend you to choose the closest data center.
- Bby default, Godaddy will recommend you to use WordPress as your application to build your website. Click on the Yes, let’s do it an option.
- Now you have to Set up your WordPress admin account. Choose a Username and Password for your WordPress website. Enter a Username, Password, and Confirm Password, then click on the Next button.
- After that your WordPress account is being set up, and after that, you will see a message, that “onboarding completed successfully” as you can see in the screenshot below. Now click on the Go to Dashboard button.
- You will be redirected to a new page. here you will see a Websites option in which you have to click on the Install Application button.
- When you click on Install Application you will be redirected to your website. just like you can see in the screenshot below.
- Now you have to open the Admin Dashboard of your website. To access the WordPress dashboard you simply need to add /wp-admin to the end of the URL where you installed WordPress. For example:-
example.com/wp-admin Replace example.com with Your Domain name as you can see in the screenshot below.
- Now you will see a Login page. Type the username and password you used when you installed your WordPress.
- Enter the Username or Email Address and Password then clicks on the login Button.
- Now you will ask for choosing a starter template for your new website. If you want to add any template then you can add it, or click on the Exit to WordPress Dashboard that you will find on the top left side. as shown in the screenshot below.
- After Exiting, you will be redirected to the WordPress Dashboard Admin panel. from here you can customize your Website, and make changes to your website.
Once WordPress is set up, you’re ready to customize your WordPress blog’s appearance to make it your own and start blogging, like you need to Install a good WordPress Theme and some useful Plugins. let’s know how to do it.
3- Choosing a WordPress theme
It’s time to customize your website, lets install a beautiful Theme for your website. follow the given instructions to install a Theme for your website.
- To Install Theme, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes, as you can see in the screenshot below.
- Next, Click on the Add New button , as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now from here, you can install any theme, that you like. you can also search for a theme from the search bar. like we have searched for ThemeHunk.
- After choosing the theme, you have to install the theme on your website, so for installing the theme, click on the install button.
- After Installing the theme, click on the Activate button.
- You have successfully installed a theme in your WordPress blog or website. now create your first post and publish it.
- To learn more about Installing a WordPress Theme Click Here
4- Creating first blog post
After creating your website, and installing themes, now it’s time to write a post, let’s know how you can create your first blog post.
- For creating a new blog post, Go to Dashboard > Posts > Add new as you can see in the below-shown screenshot.
- From here you can start writing your blog post. To add anything to your Blog post click on the (+) icon at the top left side. You can add headings, paragraphs, images, lists, videos, and many more.
- Now Click on the Publish button, on the top-right corner of the screen to make your blog post publicly available.
This is how you can post a blog from your WordPress Website.
That’s it! You’ve just learned to create a WordPress blog. In this blog I have covered many topics for creating a WordPress website, still, if you have any doubts, or questions regarding anything related to this post, you can ask us via the comment section below.