Do you want to create a fashion and clothing store website? You came to the right place.
This step-by-step tutorial will take you through the process to create a fashion and clothing store website with WordPress.
Are you running a fashion shop or clothing store and you want to increase your customer reach? So building a website is the best way to reach the maximum number of customers and 24/7 sales opportunities.
WordPress is the most popular content management system (CMS) worldwide. It is a great platform to create a website even a beginner can build a website. All you need to do is select a theme, install plugins, and start designing your website.
Having a good website is crucial for any fashion or clothing shop. We will also share some of the best WordPress themes, which help you to grow your business.
So here we show the simple procedure to create a fashion and clothing store website with WordPress.
Create a Fashion and Clothing Store Website in 6 Simple Steps
Here are the quick steps we’re going to take for creating a beautiful and responsive fashion and clothing store Website with WordPress.
- Choose the Domain
- Host Website
- Setup and Install WordPress
- Select WordPress Theme
- Install WooCommerce
- Install Useful Plugins
- SEO & Marketing
Let’s know in detail about creating a fashion and clothing store website on WordPress with these simple steps.
Step 1: Choose the Domain
For building a fashion and clothing store website, or any WordPress website, the first step is to select and buy a domain name for your website.
A domain name is an easy-to-remember address used to access websites. Domains can be registered with domain name registrars, which also lets users renew domains every year.
A domain or domain name is the location or identity of a website. For example, the domain name of our website is “Themehunk.com“
Below are some of the best and cheap domain name providers which you can consider.
|S.No||Domain Registrar||Starting Price||Ratings|
Step 2: Host Website
After buying a domain, you need to buy web hosting where you can host your website.
A good Website Hosting provider is very important for your website. A good company will deliver you better speed and support. The fastest web hosting for WordPress will help you to boost your website performance.
Below are some of the best and fastest web hosting service providers which you can consider.
So when choosing a Hosting provider for your website, don’t just go with cheaper hosting plans, but also with good service providers.
You can select any of the above or as per your choices, you can buy from anywhere else. We will suggest you buy Domain and Hosting from the same service provider so that you don’t need to worry about doing technical things.
If you buy a domain and hosting from the same service provider, you will also get 1 click WordPress to install for your website.
Let’s go further and install WordPress.
Step 3: Setup and Install WordPress
We’re going to buy a domain and hosting from Godaddy, for creating a website. You can go with any other Domain and Hosting provider as per your budget and requirements.
Follow the below steps to buy and host the website with GoDaddy.
- Go to Godaddy.com and click on Hosting, from the drop-down menu, you will see an option for Web Hosting, click on that option. as you can see in the screenshot below.
- Next step to select a Hosting plan, we suggest you buy the Economy plan, which includes a free domain for 12 months. Click on the Add to Cart button as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now Click on the Continue button, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now the next step is to collect your free domain. In the Domain search bar search for the name, a domain name for your website, as we have searched for blogforthejoy.com, and it’s available.
- If the domain you have searched, is available then you can see a Select and Continue option, as shown in the given screenshot. Click on the Select and Continue buttons.
- Now, it’s time for checkout. After choosing the hosting and domain for your website, you have to checkout with available payment methods.
- After the payment, you will get your domain and hosting. So now you are ready to create your first WordPress blog or website.
Install and Setup WordPress
After buying the Domain and Hosting for your website, now it’s time to install WordPress. for installing WordPress on your website follow the given steps.
- To Install WordPress, First Sign in to your Godaddy Account and Click on the My Products option, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now under the All Products and Services section, you will see an option for Web Hosting, here you will see another option for Set Up as shown in the screenshot below. Click on the Set Up button.
- Now to Set Up your hosting product you will need to enter a domain to use with it, on the search bar enter the domain name, that you have purchased along with hosting. and click on the Update button.
- Now you have to choose a data center for your Hosting, as per your location or region you have to select a data center, also GoDaddy will recommend you choose the closest data center.
- By default, Godaddy will recommend you use WordPress as your application to build your website. Click on the Yes, let’s do it option.
- Now you have to Set up your WordPress admin account. Choose a Username and Password for your WordPress website. Enter a Username, Password, Confirm the Password, then click on the Next button.
- After that, your WordPress account is set up, and after that, you will see a message, that “onboarding completed successfully” as you can see in the screenshot below. Now click on the Go to Dashboard button.
- You will be redirected to a new page. here you will see a Websites option in which you have to click on the Install Application button.
- When you click on Install Application you will be redirected to your website. just like you can see in the screenshot below.
- Now you have to open the Admin Dashboard of your website. To access the WordPress dashboard you simply need to add /wp-admin to the end of the URL where you installed WordPress. For example:-
Replace example.com with Your Domain name as you can see in the screenshot below.
- Now you will see a Login page. Type the username and password you used when you installed your WordPress.
- Enter the Username or Email Address and Password then clicks on the login Button.
- Now you will ask for choosing a starter template for your new website. If you want to add any template then you can add it, or click on the Exit to WordPress Dashboard that you will find on the top left side. as shown in the screenshot below.
- After Exiting, you will be redirected to the WordPress Dashboard Admin panel. From here you can customize your Website, and make changes to your website.
Once WordPress is set up, you’re ready to customize your WordPress blog’s appearance to make it your own and start blogging, like you need to Install a good WordPress Theme and some useful Plugins. let’s know how to do it.
Step 4: Select the WordPress Theme
It’s time to customize your website, lets’s install a beautiful Theme for your website. You should follow the given instructions to install a Theme for your website.
- To Install the Theme, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes, as you can see in the screenshot below.
- Next, Click on the Add New button, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now from here, you can install any theme, that you like. You can also search for a theme from the search bar. We will install Shop Mania.
- Search Shop Mania Theme, and you will see the theme, now click on the Install button, and then activate the theme, as you can see in the above screenshot.
- Now you have to install recommended plugins. Install all recommended plugins to use everything seamlessly.
- After installing the Recommended plugins, now you have to import the Fashion Store template. You can download and import the demo from the Starter Templates.
So now, we suggest you install a Shop Mania Theme for creating a fashion and clothing store website. Shop Mania is a modern, responsive, and fully customizable theme that is fully compatible with all the famous page builder plugins, like Elementor, Brizy, and more.
To install the TH Shop Mania theme you can download the theme from here.
You can now watch the below video to know about the installation and setup of the Shop Mania fashion store Theme.
So now we hope you learned about installing and setting up the Shop Mania theme for your website.
Below we suggest some of the best lightweight, fast, and responsive themes, which will help to design a fashion and clothing store website.
If you want more WordPress themes for fashion and clothing stores, then you should check the article on the best clothing and fashion shop WordPress themes.
Setup 5: Install WooCommerce
After installing the theme and required plugins now have to install WooCommerce Plugin and setup it up to start selling Furniture Online.
Setup some basic things on WooCommerce plugins like:
Step 6: Install Useful Plugins
After the theme selection, we recommend you install some useful plugins to supercharge your website.
- Website Builder– For creating beautiful landing pages, so that users can get attention and take action. Website builders can help you to design a beautiful website. (eg. Elementor & Block Editor)
- Analytics– Analytics is a tool that offers an easy and free way to track and analyze visitors to your website. (eg. Sitekit)
- SEO Plugin– Doing SEO may be hard for some website owners. But it can be easy for them with some plugins and tools. (eg. RankMath and Yoast)
- Cache Plugin– If you want to optimize your WordPress website you can use cache plugins to speed up your website.
- Cart Plugin– You can use WordPress shopping cart plugins to add some extra functionality to your WooCommerce Store.
There are various more useful WooCommerce plugins you can install to extend the functionality of your website.
Step 6: SEO & Marketing
After the full setup of the website, you will now need to focus on SEO & Marketing the website. Not only in SEO marketing but also you have to focus on the quality of your products.
SEO plays important role in any new or old website. So If you want to get organic traffic from various search engines like Google and Bing. You need to do some SEO work on your website.
In WordPress, you can install SEO plugins to do SEO. There are various SEO plugins you can use. We recommend you use Rank Math or Yoast plugin for doing SEO on your website.
There are various Cheap Email Marketing Service providers from which you can start creating an Email list of your potential customers.
How you can build an effective Email list? So there are various ways of collecting Emails like Free subscriptions, blogging, coupons, etc.
You can use plugins like Lead Form Builder to create an effective email list. This Plugin comes with features like Form export & import, Unlimited lead export, Mailchimp addon, SMTP mail configuration, and Drag & drop field ordering.
Important Marketing Tips
- Optimize your website for search engines: Use keywords related to the Fashion and Clothing Store Website and your location in your website’s content and meta tags to improve your search engine rankings.
- Use high-quality images: Showcase your products with high-quality images to give customers a clear idea of what they’re buying.
- Create a blog: Use a blog to share fashion tips, clothing fabrics, new styles, and information about new products and promotions.
- Offer a sale or promotion: Create a sense of urgency by offering a sale or promotion to encourage customers to purchase.
- Use social media: Use social media platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to showcase your products, connect with customers, and drive traffic to your website.
- Make it easy to buy: Make the buying process as easy as possible by providing detailed product information, multiple payment options, and fast and reliable shipping.
- Optimize for mobile: Make sure your website is optimized for mobile devices to ensure that customers can easily browse and purchase from your site on the go.
Is it necessary to have an offline store for creating a website?
No, it is not necessary. Anyone can create a fashion and clothing website without having an offline store.
Which is the best WordPress theme for creating a fashion and clothing store?
Shop Mania is the best theme for creating a fashion and clothing store.
So this was our article on how to create a fashion and clothing store website with WordPress. We have shown the step-by-step process for building a fashion and clothing store website.
We hope this tutorial showed you how easy to create a fashion and clothing store website with WordPress.
If you find this article helpful, do share it with your friends. And If you have any questions regarding this, do not hesitate to comment below. We will help you to solve your problem. Thanks for reading this blog.